Most Expensive Zip Codes Of 2019 – Los Angeles County Claims 21 Of Top 125
A recent study of the most expensive zip codes of 2019 has once again cemented Los Angeles County as one of the most expensive places to live in the country. Los Angeles County claimed 21 of the top 125 most expensive zip codes. California as a whole blew out the rest of the country, with 91 zip codes in the top 125, including six of the top ten. The state of New York came in a not-so-close second with 18 zip codes in the top 125.
The study recently published by Property Shark is based on the median sale price of closed sales during 2019. A full list of the top 125 can be found here. In addition to Los Angeles County, the Bay Area also contributed significantly to California’s dominance at the top of the list, with 55 of the country’s most expensive zip codes of 2019. The top ten zip codes are ranked as follows:
- Atherton, CA (94027) – Median Sale Price of $7,050,000
- Sagaponack, NY (11962) – Median Sale Price of $4,300,000
- Santa Monica, CA (90402) – Median Sale Price of $4,154,000
- Beverly Hills, CA (90210) – Median Sale Price of $4,080,000
- New York, NY (10007) – Median Sale Price of $3,900,000
- Boston, MA (02199) – Median Sale Price of $3,669,000
- Palo Alto, CA (94301) – Median Sale Price of $3,522,000
- New York, NY (10013) – Median Sale Price of $3,515,000
- Los Altos, CA (94022) – Median Sale Price of $3,450,000
- Ross, CA (94957) – Median Sale Price of $3,350,000
Beyond California and New York, only nine other states contained the top 125 most expensive zip codes of 2019. Those states include Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Nevada, Washington, Arizona, Florida, New Hampshire and Maryland. Los Angeles and California’s position at the top comes as no surprise, as they have consistently ranked as the most expensive areas to live in the country.
For more information on how Esquire Real Estate Brokerage, Inc. can help you in the Los Angeles real estate market, feel free to give us a call at 213-973-9439 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.